Friday, July 28, 2006

Henry and Cricket


Surely those of you with older children will laugh at me for saying this, but they really do grow up so quickly! Henry is just three years old, but he amazes us with the "big" things that he does and says. This morning for example, I was down the hall with Jonah, and Henry decided he was ready for breakfast. So he grabbed out a bowl, filled it with cereal and milk and sat down to eat. I was so impressed! He didn't even spill the milk--quite a feat for a three year old! Then when I joined him at the table, he put down his spoon, folded his hands, and said, "Mommy, we need to pray!" What a sweetheart, huh?

It is so fun to watch Henry with Cricket (the new kitten). First thing in the morning (and then about 8 more times during the day!) Henry runs out to check on her food. He wants to make sure he takes good care of her. He also changes her water about 8 times a day, just to make sure it's clean. She's such a mellow kitten that she endures all the 'loving' that both my kids give her. Such a very fun pet!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

How cute. You are so right, they grow up so fast. I am thinking that a lot lately. I realized my oldest will only be home for 4 more years before he goes to college....gulp

Thanks for the nice comments on my new site. I'm glad you like it!

Beth said...

I'm glad you're enjoying the kitten—we still have one more (Uncle Jon didn't budge, and the Smiths decided their dog might not be able to handle it).

Would you like another? :)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how fast he's growing up. I'm so happy that you get to be a stay at home mom, they do grow up so fast, and you miss so much when you're working outside the home, it's hard for me to believe that I'm watching you raise children of your own, when it seems like only yesterday you were just a little girl learning to pour milk on your cereal. love you....and so very proud of you...love mom