Sunday, July 09, 2006

My handsome prince...



The boys love to play dress-up. They have a locker full of costumes and hats and other embellishments. Everything from super-hero to construction worker. Lots of fun! The other day (when this picture was taken) they raided my closet and each came out wearing one of my good hats. They were having such a good time, I didn't even make them take the hats off.

What I started to write about here, though is Henry. He is such a sensitive child, but he's also a typical little boy. Sound strange? What I mean is he has a very tender heart, even though he is more likely to tackle you than hug you! He can be fairly rough and tumble, but he'll also comment on your hair (right, Grandad?). Many who know Henry also know that he has a certain fondness for things that are pink. It is such a pretty color, as he tends to tell me!

It doesn't bother us, in fact we think it's pretty cute. However, last night when we were driving home from Tyler, Henry (out of nowhere) started chanting, "I'm a princess, I'm a princess...." over and over and over. Ummmm.....I'm not sure, but I think maybe that is going a little too far!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmmm...I think the pink is ok, but a princess...interesting...the updates are wonderful, glad you found the camera cord to add current pictures...mom

Beth said...

Love that combination of sweet with all boy.

Cole used to always say he wanted to grow up and be a "Mommy." We think we have him finally switched over to wanting to be a "Daddy."

Unknown said...

Got to love those hats! I don't think there is a chance in the world for "princess Henry!"