Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Warning...

This one's kind of gross. But it's still funny, so if you can stomach it, read on!



A week and a half ago, we went to visit someone in the hospital. While we were there, I gave the boys oranges as a snack (and a distraction!). We stayed a while visiting, then eventually made our way home. On the trip home, Jonah fell asleep--this is one of his favorite things to do--he LOVES to sleep in the car! So when we got home I just pulled him out of his carseat and moved him to his bed to finish up his nap.

About two hours later he woke up and came out to play. While we were wrestling around on the ground, I noticed he had something in his mouth. I asked him to spit it out, and found that he still had TWO WHOLE WEDGES OF ORANGE in his mouth! How yucky is that? It had been at least three or four hours since I had given him the orange. Jonah has an amazing ability to keep food in his mouth without chewing or swallowing, but I never thought he'd fall asleep with food in his mouth! We've started a "mouth-check" at nap time, because now I'm concerned about him choking!

On a different note, my children both seem to be mostly over their sickness and fever-free! They had good nights last night and haven't had any fever since the night before (Thank you, Lord!).

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

That IS gross! My goodness...
I am glad to hear that the boys are feeling better - makes me smile :)

Just Mom said...

Nice going, mom. ;-)

Actually, the mouth check is a very good idea. I had a scare when Alex was less than a year old. I was on the phone and he was sitting next to me on the bed. After I got done, I noticed that he was chewing something. I looked in his mouth and found a rubber band. I don't like thinking about what would have happened if he tried to swallow that thing.

Michelle Franzen said...

That is scary..I thought about him choking too. ONe of my SA friend's daughter does the same thing...she stores her food in her cheek like a chipmunk. So funny to me as with all my kid's whatever goes in goes down in 2 seconds flat.

Glad to hear everyone is on the mend!

Shanygne said...

I can't believe he could sleep thru having all that in his mouth!

That child is amazing!
Glad everyone is feeling better.

Marybeth said...

OOOOhhhhh! Yea! I am so glad he didn't choke...that is kind of scary. I never knew a kid that could hold food in his mouth so long! So glad they are feeling better!

Lori B said...

Oh my gosh that is scary.
One time our son stuck 3 peas up each nostril and if that wasn't scary. We did eventually get them out.

I'm glad to hear they are all feeling better.

mary said...

I'm glad the boys are feeling better. That's too disgusting, even though I've seen him hold things for a long time, that's amazing to think he could nap with it and then go on with his day. never a dull moment with kids.....

Ginger said...

Wow, so glad all is okay with no trauma. My friend just choked at work due to a rubber band in her coffee cup. A coworker had to do the Heimlich maneuver on her.
Is Beth's internet down? I've been missing her.

Heidi Jo said...

That's a hoot! I am so happy to hear good reports on the health front. We have been on a roller coaster of health/sickness now since before Christmas. We were free and clear for a whopping two weeks and now they are starting to drop like flies again...ugh!