Friday, April 20, 2007

Carpenters

The boys and I were at a friend's house for lunch today, and then we stayed a while so the kids could play and we could talk. We were in the middle of some discussion when I was completely distracted by a banging sound coming from the room where the boys were playing.
WHAM!! WHAM-WHAM-WHAM!!
My friend seemed undisturbed, and I have to say that I'm not usually one to rush in (kids will be kids and I don't let mine destroy things, but I do let them play!) but I had to check it out. Turns out it wasn't my boys, but her son. He had a foam sword and was whacking it on the wall in his bedroom. No harm done.
At my house, that sound usually means that the "carpenters" have decided my house needs a little "fixing" and they're taking care of things for me. While I appreciate the help, I sometimes have to intervene in the interest of saving my house!
Here's where they were working this week. :)

4 comments:

Kimmy said...

too cute... boys are such boys, right? Kuddos to you for not rushing to see what was the matter at the play date!... we were at a play date just yesterday - similar situation... ~ Kim

Anonymous said...

Hope you are reading Michelle A's book on how boys need to treat girls. I can just see Jonah deciding the baby needs her head fixed with one of their tools, hehe. Alicia used to fix Jenna's fingers quite often by bending them backwards. She would also hug her so tight Jenna would cry. Then Alicia would tell us to, "Bring that baby back!"

At least you can send your little workers out to the workshop with their daddy :)

michelle said...

I need some carpenters around here.

They look awfully busy. :-)

Heidi Jo Comes said...

now those are some serious workers with some serious cute-factor.