Friday, July 27, 2007

I will never.....

Add this one to the list.
There are a few things in my life that I've said "I will never...."
Do you have any of these? My advice is be careful what you say! :)
Two of mine are:
"I will never live in Texas." (Ha ha ha!)
and
"I will never drive a minivan!"

Yep, that's me and my new Honda Odyssey mini-van. We traded in our cute little car this week for this cute (slightly bigger) van. We were just going to make it work with the car, but three car seats across the back? Pretty crowded. And it didn't leave us ANY extra space.

The boys think it is SO COOL. Every time we leave the house, I hear "Mommy, can we PLEASE take the van???" (as if we had so many other options!) They picked their own seats, so they are both sitting in the farthest row back (by the really neat cup holders!)

I'm actually surprised how much I like it! It felt really, really big when I first drove it (so much head room!), but now it really doesn't seem so different from a car.

My favorite feature? Power doors. I can open up both side doors from a button on the key fob. Seriously, does it get any cooler than that? :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

so very cool! I am so happy for you guys...looking for green shoes...see you soon...

Unknown said...

I just scrolled down through your pictures of the last....month or two? That is how long it has been since I read anyone's blog...so MAYBE...after a week or so...due to company from Hong Kong for a week, a new grandbaby due soon, a daughter and 8 children moving in the next week, etc. etc. etc. (I just watched the King and I) MAYBE...I'll get time to read your blogs and find out what is going on in your world that I've been missing!

Beth said...

Wow, what a beautiful van! They say you can't go wrong with a Honda! : )

Anonymous said...

Awesome Lisa! You just look way too cute with those little guys by your side. I sure wish they had the power doors when I had my van. Maybe I wouldn't have slammed my thumb in the door trying to do too many things at one time.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

You're the second one blogger today that got a new mini-van. They are so handy with little ones. I personally love my suburban.

Just Mom said...

You all look fantastic next to that minivan. It was made for you.

The Secret Life of Kat said...

I never thought I'd own a minivan either, but just yesterday I was singing it's praises. We'd driven to Dallas to go to the Aquarium and after we were done lookin' at the fish we went back to the parking lot to feed my 4 month old.

It was so awesome to be able to climb around the minivan getting diapers, bottles etc while my kids walked around inside and my husband cranked up the airconditioning and the music and doled out snacks.

It was like our own private retreat. I never thought I'd say it, but:

I LOVE my minivan.

Oh, and the automatic door thing is even cooler when you're lugging around a baby carrier.

Kimmy said...

I LOVE that Odysee... you looks GREAT! ~ Kim