Friday, April 01, 2011

April Fool's!

This year I had some fun with the kids on April Fool's Day. I told them that we would be having cake for dinner...and they totally believed me. They were so excited! I shooed them out of the kitchen while I was preparing it in order to keep the secret. When I walked out with this:
they were pretty thrilled. It is technically cake, right? Even if it's made from meatloaf, mashed potatoes and peas? ;)

To keep up with the topsy-turvy meal, I served cheeseburger sliders for dessert:
These were so very cute...and they didn't taste too bad either! I was a little concerned with all the mixed flavors, but they turned out just great. (Nilla wafers-buns, grasshopper cookies-meat, fruit roll-ups-cheese, shredded coconut dyed green-lettuce, red icing-ketchup, sesame seeds for authenticity!)

Happy April to everyone! :)

No comments: