Thursday, October 19, 2006

Just a couple of angels!


My "angels" are feeling spunky today. I took them out to do some fun things this morning and planned on getting some serious house cleaning done this afternoon. However, my boys don't seem to think cleaning is a good way for me to spend my time.

Since getting up from their naps, they have:

  • loaded a dvd player with view-finder discs
  • loaded a fax machine with pennies
  • unrolled a roll of toilet paper and a roll of paper towels
  • spilled a glass of milk in the kitchen (somehow covering every surface that I had just finished cleaning, and requiring me to mop and also wash the walls and windows)
  • scattered books and matchbox cars throughout the house jumped on my just-made bed, messing up the one clean-looking spot in the house

and finally:

  • Henry informed me that they can't play outside, because (at 63 degrees) it is just too cold outside (were they seriously born in Montana?)

So right now I'm having a "time-out." Seemed like a good idea. The boys have been banished from every room except the play room (I don't even want to think about what it might look like by now!) I guess this is my cry for help. HELP! Somebody send me a babysitter and a maid! :)

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Jenna is packaged up in a box and on her way. She does have a curfew, but that's now up to you guys. She is an awesome babysitter...you will love her! Please feed her and give her water when you open the UPS box. Beth says the UPS guy always brings great things to your house. On second thought, I would love to trade for awhile, you keep Jen for a week and I'll take your boys, haha. Much love and prayers with your little rascals!

Michelle said...

Been there! Hang in there and I highly suggest a babysitter and often. I used to feel bad for getting away for a little while, but not anymore. I know I'm much happier when I've had a break. No guilt- that's unusual for me :-)

Hey- i noticed the boys are wearing Colorado colors!

Beth said...

That is so my world!

The Fun Fest is Sunday the 29th from 3-5. We're planning on going and I told Jon and Kelly about it. I think my sister is going to call you.

BTW, they are having a cobbler contest—you are sure to win!