Tuesday, May 22, 2007

We're back!

Washington was great! We had SO much fun visiting my mom. The weather was beautiful (65 degrees and sunny the entire time!) and the boys and I were only a little bit cold. :) Guess we really are Texans after all.


Finally got to see my mom's new condo--it is really cool, right on the waterfront. It was so very pretty to wake up every morning and watch the birds out on the water and see the boats going by! I was honestly shocked that it didn't rain on us the entire time we were there.





We got to do some fun things. We walked on the boardwalk and looked at some of the navy ships that were docked there. I didn't get a picture, but we drove by two aircraft carriers that are being worked on in Bremerton--those things are amazing! The boys didn't quite believe us that they were floating--they just thought they were buildings down by the water.



Here's some more of Henry's budding photography skills! He took a few pictures for us this week, and I think he did a really great job!



The zoo was a highlight for the boys . . . .


as was the ferry ride ("You mean we get to drive our car right on to the boat???")

We got to see my Grandma and eat at my favorite place on earth (my uncle's drive-in hamburger stand in Olympia). We also got the chance to see my paternal Grandma (someone I haven't had much contact with over the years, as I don't even know my dad). We spent some time at my Aunt Sandy's store, which was Henry's favorite--he thought she was SO LUCKY because she had so many toys (she imports things from China and has lots of cool stuff)! Also we saw my Aunt Ida and one of my cousins and her daughter (who is about the same age as Henry).

All that family time was pretty fun for me. We don't have a family that gets together very often, and the few times they have had occasion to be in the same place at the same time over the last few years have coincided with the births of my children. So I haven't been able to make it over there.

It was a great trip. We were home for a day and then we left (with Sam this time!) on another quick vacation. This one was to Arkansas with Jon and Kelly, and we drove--so it was a pretty low-key vacation. Pretty fun! We were blessed with beautiful weather and the chance to relax and enjoy a bit of nature and a little time out on the water. I don't have any pictures in the computer yet from this weekend, but I'll tell you the highlight for us: we saw a mama deer with her two little fawns just up the road from our cabin! They were the cutest little things, and they were pretty young--they could hardly walk still. If the pictures of those turn out I'll be sure to post them later on!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

7 comments:

Heidi Jo Comes said...

those are great pictures and it sounds like you had a wonderful time.

glad to have you back though too:-)

Lori said...

It sounds like you had a fun time.
Thanks for sharing the photos.

I have a new blog address
http://lorisblogspace.blogspot.com

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Great pictures...your kids are adorable. Glad you had a good time and made it back safely.

kddub said...

Looks like fun. What a fun place to live!

Just Mom said...

I haven't been to Washington since mid-2005. Thanks for the photos. You guys look great.

BTW, like Lori, I've had to change my blog address (very long story):

http://anothermomonthego.
blogspot.com

I'm glad you're back.

Kimmy said...

welcome home! great pictures... I love it up there... ~ Kim

Grace said...

Glad to have you back!

It sounds like a fun trip! Great pictures!