Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Grandkids Camp

Yesterday we dropped Henry off at his Grandparent's house. He'll be there at "Grandkids Camp" with all of his cousins who are over the age of six until Friday. He was so excited to go! I recall dropping him off last year and feeling his anxiety and hesitation when I went to leave. This year I got a quick "Bye, Mom!" and a hug before he went running off with his buddies.

The theme this year is Cowboys and Indians. I only noticed two Indians when I dropped Henry off, the overwhelming majority were dressed as Cowboys. Henry is a cowboy, of course. It wasn't even a discussion. When I asked Henry which he preferred to do he said, "Mom, you know I'll be a cowboy."
We dropped Henry off in the morning, and then Jonah and Bridget and I headed to a local park that Bridget fell in love with while we were staying at Dave and Mary Beth's house. We had a picnic lunch with friends, then headed home. Later in the day, when Sam came home, we ran into town for dinner and to run some errands. All day long, whenever we went anywhere near the car, Bridget would say, "Are we going to pick Henry up now?" She is not at all sure about us leaving him out at Grammy and Grandpop's house.

Henry is going to have so much fun! He will be spending time swimming, practicing archery, ping pong, and chinese checkers, marching, learning Bible lessons, cooking and spending precious time with his cousins and Grandparents. We are so thankful for Sam's wonderful parents who are so intentional about their time with the kids. This is truly a blessing, and it's only because we live so close that we can participate and share every day life with our wonderful family! So glad that God brought us to Texas four years ago. :)

7 comments:

Just Mom said...

Can I enroll myself in Grandkids Camp? This looks like so much fun.

Michelle said...

I love that they do Grandkids camp. What great memories they'll have!

Anonymous said...

Every year I find this amazing! Love the pics! There is no doubt these are grandparents who love their grandkids!

Jennifer Kindle said...

don't take that for granted....that is awesome...blessings out to your in-laws who are so intentional about their time with them! That's awesome.

Heidi Jo Comes said...

i just can not get over how amazing this is that they do something so memorable and wonderful for their grandkids. they must have crowns full of jewels. you are so blessed.

Leslie said...

Wow...what an amazing thing to do for the grandkids! What fun!! I know those will be some of his favorite memories growing up! What a blessing!

Jennifer said...

I LOVE the picture of all of them! So much fun and so many fun memories being made!