Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sleepy Henry

A while back Henry was working on school at the dining room table while I worked on some things in the kitchen. He came in to tell me he was done with what he had been working on and asked what he should do next. I suggested he go finish his Math, knowing that he had left some of it to do later. He replied, "Really?" I told him yes, wondering why he would question it.

Quite some time later I realized I hadn't heard from Henry in a while (and he should have been done fairly quickly with his assignment). Checking first in the dining room, I realized Henry was missing. I looked outside where Jonah and Bridget were playing, thinking that he had joined them. They said they hadn't seen him. When I walked back in the house, I saw this:
Later I had to wake him up as he was still napping at 4:00 that afternoon. I asked Henry if he had been pretty tired and he said no. When I asked him why he had decided to take a nap, he told me, "Because you told me to." I denied telling him to nap.

Henry said, "Yes you did! When I asked what I should work on next for school you said, 'why don't you go finish up your nap?'"

8 comments:

- Kailene said...

Oh my word... that is SO funny! I just laughed out loud! Your kids crack me up. At least he was obeying! :)

Heidi Jo said...

WOW, that is an A+ for obedience!

Andrea said...

Wow! Thats so funny. I'm impressed he just did it and went to sleep.

Journey said...

this is hilarious. truly.

Shanygne said...

wow!!! I am still laughing! wish I could say that to Ethan and have him obey!

Lori said...

Love it! That is too cute!
(That school stuff wears one out)

~Ginger said...

That's just too priceless! Trust me, I'd much rather nap than do math too.

Alisa said...

I laughed so hard! so did Zach :) I don't know if he would have obeyed that one.
And thanks for visiting my blog :)