Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Joy of Boys

I LOVE MY BOYS!
There is something very special about little boys. God made these incredibly manly, tough, sweet-and-sensitive but rough-and-rowdy boys and put them in these tiny little bodies that can't quite contain their big personalities.Henry takes a long time to process everything that happens throughout his day. Usually around bedtime is when I hear the best stories about what has gone on during the day for him. Tonight, about twenty minutes after I put Henry to bed, he came back out of his room sobbing.

It took him a while to get his story out, but the gist of it was that he had found a dead, dried out frog yesterday. Thinking it was cool, but not knowing what to do with it, Henry slipped it into his backpack. On the way to school this morning he moved it from his backpack to his lunch box.
At lunch time, Henry's teacher found the frog. (One of his friends told her that he had it.) She made him throw it away and apparently told some other teachers. Henry was devasted that the teacher was talking about him to other people--that is one of his great fears.
Even at the young age of five and a half (can't forget that half!), Henry already has pride. Yikes.

On another note, Sam taught the boys to shoot a bb gun yesterday afternoon! They were so cute holding the gun and they both were able to hit a tin can from across the yard. They were pretty excited to be able to hold a 'real' gun and actually shoot it!

I know I said it before, but I LOVE MY BOYS! :)


3 comments:

michelle said...

Your "Texas" boys are quite cute.

One of my hubby's first retorts after receiving our SA permanent residency was-"now I can get my gun license". My "boy" likes guns too.

Alisa said...

That's a wonderful post in every way...and those are some classic pics with the guns--they look like pros already :)

4under3 said...

I LOVE my boy too.

I could lay in bed with him for hours, just listening to his little voice, watching him suck his thumb, and hearing his cackly giggle.

I am head over heels for him...in a different way than I am head over heals for our girls.

And, I agree. They are so cute holding that gun.

Tiff