Friday, May 29, 2009

Meet Nugget!

Yesterday I called Sam on his way home from work to make sure he remembered that we were going to a friend's house. He said, "Yes, of course I remembered. I'm on my way home now, about five minutes from home. Can you have the kids meet me on the driveway?"

Sure, I was intrigued. With Sam it could have been anything! :)

When Sam pulled up to the driveway he stopped about twenty feet back from us, leaned his head out the window and beckoned me over to the car. The boys, of course, ran up to him. He sent them back, saying, "No, no, no. I just need to talk to your mom real quick."
So I walked up to the car to see what was going on. He had an adorable little black lab puppy in his lap!!! Sam just looked at me with a sheepish look on his face and said, "If you don't like him we can take him back...."
Bridget is in love. She thinks it's great that he loves to be held and for now, at least, he is small enough for her to hold!

Isn't he the cutest thing? Of course I like him and we'll keep him, but Sam didn't ever really doubt that I would. :)

We went through a number of names yesterday, and didn't settle on one that really fit him. Today Sam came up with "Nugget" and I think I like it. (It is in honor of Sam's favorite NBA team, the Denver Nuggets!)

8 comments:

Carol said...

Adorable!
That picture is so cute...Nugget seems to fit!

Momma Roar said...

He's adorable!

Puppies are so great for kids! Enjoy him!

Anonymous said...

Okay, just showed Jenna and she melted all over the place. She knows your family by your pets (George Bush, LOL)

So glad you named the dog Nugget. Barack Obama just wouldn't cut it, LOL (sorry, just couldn't resist)

The pic of Bridgett with the puppy is priceless.

Been thinking about you lots lately. Drop me an email and let me know how life is going. Jenna moves the end of June to Dallas.

Michelle said...

He's SOOOO cute! But get ready for your yard to be dug up:-)

Just Mom said...

And here I thought the pup was named after McD's chicken nuggets. I'm pretty sure that's what JS would name his pet after.

michelle said...

Very cute...I'll refrain from our "husband bringing home 2 very cute dogs" story. :-)

Shanygne said...

Love the name... congrats on adding to your menagerie!

Michawn said...

hi. you don't know me from adam, but i saw on noah steven's blog that you said you found a cool little picture book about the armor of God? can you share with me what that book is and where you found it? i'd really appreciate it. you can just leave me a comment on my blog if you don't mind. thanks so much. by the way, enjoyed skimming your blog...CUTE, CUTE kiddos.